Going abroad for higher studies is a dream for almost every student. Many people opt for it to become more successful while others go for learning new lessons in life. Everybody has their own motive behind moving to abroad for studies but the struggle and the lessons learnt always remain the same.
It involves money, friends, family and many other things too, but the value of all these is realized only after going abroad. Here are the few lessons that are being learnt while studying abroad, read them all to know if you can relate to them or share it with your friend or colleagues who have been studying or had studied abroad.
- It gives you a lifelong experience: Joining high school after school is a different experience but going abroad for the same gives you a unique experience. Whether it’s the first day of your school or the first outing with your new friends, each and every moment will be cherished for a lifetime and will surely have a hidden message behind it too.
- You realize the real value of time & money: From the time of packing your bags to finally moving to your room in the hostel/apartment, you finally start realizing how important money and time are in your life. You tend to become more responsible towards managing your time and spending the money carefully. And eventually you become smart and efficient too.
- Language is not a barrier in making new friends: While going abroad, you start meeting new people from different countries, places and languages and suddenly realize that making new friends doesn’t require a language. In fact, you start learning new languages and connecting with people of various religions, caste and sex. Language doesn’t stop you from communicating and connecting with people.
- Life is much different from what you had imagined before: Once you are settled abroad, you become more independent and get a new perspective about life. It gives you a new mindset and makes you understand that life is quite different from what you had imagined. The good and bad experiences will make you think in a different way.
- You learn to appreciate other cultures: This is yet another change that comes to you once you shift abroad for further studies. While interacting with different people, you come to know about their culture, traditions and many other things. With the passage of time, you get a chance to know them thoroughly and finally you start appreciating and respecting various cultures.
- Traveling is not that hard as it looks: Going to a new and different location might sound difficult, but once you have moved abroad, you like visiting new places frequently. The idea of traveling doesn’t scare you anymore, in fact, you are ready to go on a new excursion as soon as possible. Also, the journey excites you more than the destination.
- You become independent: The best thing of moving to a new place/ destination is that you have to manage all the things of your own. You are no longer dependent on anyone and are sincere and responsible enough to give a vision to your life. On the whole, you are a self-dependent and confident person.
There are many more changes that may occur from individual to individual, for that you need to experience the student life in abroad once. While you plan to study abroad, do not forget to take advantage of the student travel deals on Travelation and get huge discounts on your travel.