Traveling via plane is the easiest and convenient way of reaching your destination. The journey becomes simpler as the duration of the travel reduces quite a lot. While there are so many advantages of these commuting mediums, there are many disadvantages too. One of the major problems that the passengers face while traveling though plane is the theft of their baggage at the claim counters. Many of them even don’t get it back and lose their valuables too.
Since it is a very important issue and requires special concern, here are the top tips that can be followed to protect your luggage from being stolen at the airport.
1. Choose a Colorful Bag: This is a very clever trick that can save you from losing your luggage. A study says that bright and colorful bags are a thief’s enemies and taking them during your journey can make your luggage safe. So, choose the brightest color of the suitcase and travel without any fear.
2. Keep your valuables handy: Now this is another important thing you need to keep in your mind. Never put your valuables in the luggage, in fact keep it in the bag that you are going to keep with you all the time. This way you can save them from getting lost as they will always be with you.
3. Pack Light: Taking less luggage not only makes your journey easy but helps it from getting stolen. Thieves usually target the bags that are huge in size and are heavier, so the next time you travel, do remember to pack less and limited. Also, shift your important stuff to your handbag.
4. Use Cheap Luggage: Carrying a bag with branded tags and imported stuff can increase the chances of your baggage being stolen. These bags easily get caught by the eyes of the thieves as they are attractive and are considered to have valuable stuff. Taking a cheap bag/luggage can help it from getting stolen.
5. Keep an eye on your luggage during security check: There are chances that your luggage might get stolen during the security check too. Keep a watch on the luggage till it comes out of the scanner and ensure that it is locked properly. In this way, you will be able to identify the thief easily.
6. Look for your bag immediately after coming down the aircraft: This is another way in which you can protect and save your bag from getting stolen. As soon as you come down the plane, rush down to the baggage claim area and grab your luggage before anyone does.
7. Lock your baggage with a luggage lock: Locking the baggage with a lock is the best way of saving it from being stolen. Use a unique lock for better security. You can even go for a GPS enabled lock so that the luggage can be easily found even if it gets stolen.
8. Avoid switching flights: Your luggage may get stolen or misplaced if you check in for a flight from one airport and then go on to other later. There will be no one to look after your luggage and hence you may lose it. So, always take the flight from the same place even if you miss it.
9. Go for Non-Stop Flights: Flying non-stop is yet another brilliant way in which you can save your luggage from getting stolen, especially in the case of international flights where the phenomenon of connecting flights is too common. The more you will change, the more are the chances of losing your luggage.
10. Get Travel Insurance: Last but not the least, taking a travel insurance is one such remedy that can cure all your wounds. Before traveling to a destination, always buy a travel insurance so that you can get the refund of your loss in case it happens. It is a good way of becoming secure.
Always make a list of the luggage that you are carrying, this way you’ll be able to track it. Follow these travel tips and save yourself from getting stolen.