Castles might be the part of the fairy tales, but there are castles in real life too, that are no less than the ones in a fairy story. All you need to do is pack up your bag, book a flight to Europe and explore the astonishing castles that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. While you are planning to visit these fortified structures, take a look at the top 5 most fascinating castles of Europe to make your trip all the more memorable and worthwhile.
- The Palace of Pena: This historical palace/castle is located on the top of a hill, above the town of Sintra, which was built in the middle age. The palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Wonders of Europe. It is considered to be one of the world’s best examples of nineteenth century Romantic architecture. Visit this alluring palace and experience the beautiful landscapes, and enjoy the country’s one of the most iconic and photographed monuments with your friends or family.
- The Alcazar Castle: The Alcázarof Segovia (literally, Segovia Castle) is a stone fortification, located in the old city of Segovia, Spain. It happens to be one of the most distinctive castle-palaces in Spain, which is formed with the confluence of the rivers Eresma and Clamores near the Guadarrama Mountains. The castle was thought to be prehistoric Celtic culture and later became a castle. Another reason of visiting the castle is that is has been an inspiration to Cinderella’s Castle. Visit soon to experience the charisma of this palace.
- The Neuschwanstein Castle: This nineteenth-century built Romanesque Revival place is located on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau near Fussen in southwest Bavaria, Germany. It is one of the most popular palaces and castles in Europe and shall be visited once to know the reason behind its name, The castle of the Fairy tale king. The palace has been seen very prominently in many movies and was the inspiration for Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle. You can visit it with your best buddy or your family to experience its charm.
- The Hohenzollern Castle: Hohenzollern Castle is the ancestral seat of the Imperial House of Hohenzollern, which is located on the Berg Hohenzollern and in the foothills of the Swabian Alps in Germany. It has been known by the name of ‘the most fortified house in Germany’ and also the “Crown of all Castles” in Swabia. You can visit this adventurous palace by easily booking a cheap flight to Germany. The amazing architecture of the castle will definitely leave you awe-struck.
- Eilean Donan Castle: One of the most iconic castles in Europe, Scotland’s Eilean Donan Castle is recognized the world over from its appearances on postcards and in movies like the original Visit it soon and enjoy the stark beauty of its surroundings, where three great lochs meet at the foot of an impressive mountain range. It has become an amazing tourist spot for visitors from all over the world. Book a flight to Scotland today and explore this incredible castle.
Add all these castles to your bucket list and visit them all by booking a cheap flight with Travelation.