Italy has been among the famous and on the top list of destinations of travelers, especially in Europe. The long Mediterranean coastline, Italian culture, existence of the largest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and 3,000 museums make it an amazing place to be at. It is being addressed as Bel Paese, which means a beautiful country in the Italian language. There are many more reasons that make Italy a different and remarkable country in the world. One of those is, the hidden gems that add shine to the grace of this place. You may have visited the popular spots in Italy, such as The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, St. Peter’s Basilica, etc. But do you know there are some hidden spots too, that aren’t much famous but play a special role in making Italy all the more beautiful. Here is the list of the spots that you should visit the next time you are in Italy:
- Aeolian Islands: The Aeolian Islands are a volcanic archipelago in the Tyrrhenian Sea north of Sicily, which has been named after the demigod of the winds Aeolus. Located at a place away from the hustle and bustle of the main city, the island happens to be a perfect spot for spending a relaxing and laid-back vacation. You could even enjoy scuba diving and snorkeling while being here.
- Bologna: Bologna is the lively, historic capital of the Emilia-Romagna region, in northern Italy, which is also known as the “Food Capital” of the country. Home of many medieval age structures, cafes and food places; it is a wonderful spot to spend a joyful vacation. This historical city has a treasure of places and things to do that will make you wonder in joy.
- Cinque Terre: Located in the Liguria region of Italy, Cinque Terre means five lands. It is a series of centuries-old villages on the coast side that looks like an artist’s amazing scenery. These coastal villages are surrounded by a sea with turquoise waters. The colorful houses, ancient vineyards and steep terraces are a view that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- Lake District: The Lake District in Italy is one such destination that can only be imagined by a painter and a writer. Garda, Como and Maggiore are the lakes that combine together to form this Lake District. The breathtaking views of this place is going to steal your heart away and leave you awestruck. Do visit this astonishing spot while you are on a trip to Italy.
- Perugia: Perugia is the capital city of Umbria in Central Italy, which is made up of hilltops and valleys, spread all over the region. It is famous majorly for its chocolate production plant which provides delicious Baci chocolates. This hidden destination has a lot of things to explore and enjoy. Perugia Cathedral, Topino, Galleria Nazionale dell’Umbria are the top places that shall be visited while being here.
The common sights of Italy are usually discovered by almost all the tourists from the world. So, what about taking a cheap flight to Italy and visiting these unexplored places? Plan a trip to Italy soon by booking a flight to Italy with Travelation and grab some amazing offers.