Traveling is the freedom of enjoying and exploring new places and making memories. Many people like to travel with their special travel buddies, family and even their family. There are several travelers who love taking solo trips and discovering different destinations on their own. This way they tend to make themselves independent and learn many new aspects too. A lot of people even travel alone to find like-minded travelers, and join them for a new journey.
The trend of traveling solo has become so popular these days that even women have started taking solo trips. Taking a solo trip is an exciting and wonderful thing that prepares a woman in facing the various challenges alone and becoming self-dependent. While it might sound interesting and exciting; there are certain facts that shall be taken care of, in order to have a safe and sound trip. Here are some tips crafted especially for the solo women travelers that will help them organizing and managing the excursion easily.
- Take help of the GPS: Carrying maps is a traditional and unconventional way of finding directions, moreover, it gives hints to others that you are a stranger for the destinations. Use the GPS on your mobile phone to locate nearby places and get rid of the extra burden of the map as well.
- Pack Light: Usually, women tend to take a lot of stuff with them that becomes a trouble sometimes. Packing lighter helps a lot in making the trip convenient and happier. Carrying a small bag will help you move quickly. So, find a small bag and fit all your things into it.
- Stay Confident and Careful: The thing that you are traveling alone should not be known to everybody around you. Be confident and careful during your journey and never increase the vulnerability by letting people know about yourself. By doing this, you’ll be able to take a safe trip without any hassle.
- Travel in Daytime: No matter how far or close your destination is, always travel in the daylight if you are alone. This tip has been given by many experts, keeping in mind the safety of the solo women travelers as the chances of being caught in an unavoidable situation become less.
- Carry a safety kit: Prepare a small kit having a Swiss knife, pepper spray and even a whistle; keep it in your easily accessible bag and use whenever there is a need to do so. You’ll never feel scared if you have all these things, thus you’ll be able to enjoy your trip.
- Create a list of emergency numbers: Note down the contact numbers of the important people and keep it in your handbag so that you can use them in the case of any emergency. This tip not only ensures your safety but also helps in staying connected with your closed ones.
- Use public transport: Hiring private cabs and taxis are an easier way of reaching your destination, but taking public transport helps you in connecting with the local people and makes you familiar about the laws, traditions and the culture of that particular place too. It is convenient and safe too.
Though it’s good to be independent, but at the same time taking precautions is also necessary. Follow these travel tips and have a safe and happy journey.